Dilli - मेरी जान by Ragini Anand

I want to tell you a story,
and express my love for my home;
a home where streetlights dance,
where the buildings sway,
but you have to give me a chance!

I mean, come on, it's not easy,
describing my home;
it's a hub of diversity,
a metropolitan city,
and it's called New Delhi.


Inderprastha, Shahjahanabad और Mehrauli,
थे इसके कुछ नाम, 
ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, मेरे यार!


It attracted all the kings and queens,
and all the other dynasties.
People fought to rule,
along came the Mughals;
the strategic location was a tool.

I'm not saying it's perfect,
every place has it's flaws;
Population, crime rate at an all time high,
oh and let's not forget,
the pollution, the smog, which makes me want to cry.


Siri, Tughlakabad और Rai Pithora,
थे इसके कुछ नाम, 
ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, मेरे यार!

We've got the tomb of Humanyu,
the monument of perfect symmetry;
We've got Sarojini nagar, INA,
Dilli Haat and Janpath, covered with the tarpaulin so blue,
for a spree of shoppery!

The people here are many
and really diverse too,
It's like all of India is in the capital,
irrespective of amount of owned penny,
or boundaries that are cultural

Jahanpanah, Ferozabad और Dinpanah
थे इसके कुछ नाम,
ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, ये दिल्ली है, मेरी जान!



-Ragini Anand
12-I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind the name: 'Anika'

Behind the name: 'Kavya'

Miiraas - The Heritage Club